- 4 strip(s) thick-cut bacon
- 8 slice(s) sandwich bread
- 3/4 cup(s) all-natural peanut butter
- 2 bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup(s) strawberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon(s) hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 4 min
Bring out your inner “Elvis” with this unique version of an American classic
- Light a grill for direct medium heat, about 375 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat until cooked through, but still moist and flexible. Drain the bacon on two layers of paper towels, and break each piece in half. Reserve the bacon fat in the pan.
- Spread 4 slices of the bread with the peanut butter, top with 2 bacon pieces, banana slices, and the remaining 4 slices bread. Brush the outside of all sandwiches with a thin film of the bacon fat.
- Grill directly over the fire until the bread is toasted, about 2 minutes per side. To create a crosshatch grill pattern on the bread, position the sandwiches diagonally across the grill grate and turn them 90 degrees halfway through grilling.
- Remove from the grill and cool for 1 to 2 minutes. While the sandwiches are cooling, mix the preserves and hot sauce together. Cut the sandwiches in half and serve with the strawberry-hot pepper sauce for dipping.
Leave a Comment